Saturday, November 14, 2009

the perfect cruise knitting bag! Express yourself!



On my recent cruise, I needed a bag for my knitting projects and camera that I would not mind carrying with me most of the time and felt good to hold while being lightweight and not carrying a designers signature. I made this with my new Brother XR7700 sewing machine, its premier project. Now I think it would be a good idea to read the manual! (LOL) I started with a pattern but did not create a large rectangle using several pieces of fabric. The fabric for the body of the bag is from the Luella Doss & Andrea Schuster 'Hot Flash' collection by Free Spirit Fabrics. I cut some large flowers from leftovers , padded and appliqued them to the top of the bag that used the second fabric design with smaller flowers. The applique made the bag feel special and along with the plastic leaf buttons on the sides, I felt that my passion for color was with me.